Monday, March 19, 2007

I know Best Week Ever and others covered this... (WARNING: PONTIFICATION ALERT!!!)

But I couldn't let this slip through my hands. After I just went on this whole tirade about how awesome it must be to a member of Modest Mouse, since they now have Johnny Marr and as successful as they have gotten, they dont seem to sell out. Imagine how blushed I became after seeing this:



Why do this to Modest Mouse? Why do this to the American public?? American Idol I hate you so much!!!!

Ok so my hate for the American Idol franchise has grown and grown for various reasons. One, I consider myself a music fan. This does not mean I hate all mainstream music, In fact my fave band is Chili Peppers and I enjoy most of the new stuff coming out in rock now. Second, these people lack a good amount of talent. I get heated when the people that make this show who wouldn't have been allowed to join the show choir in high school. And lastly, what does this show have to do with singing? Deborah Gibson (yes, i am quoting former child star Debbie Gibson) has gone on record saying that she was asked to join the show secretly and loved the idea so the competitors could actually have some singing advice.

I am not sure if these critques are given after the show so that people keep their attention or they just dont care cause they know hacks like Taylor Hicks will win. But using one of the only truly emo/indie rock bands to hit it big after working their asses off for years is now available to the masses who still believe that America should be in charge of picking famous musicians. You aren't finding musicians or pop stars, you are creating branded humans - and all three of those things are very different.

No comments: