Friday, February 02, 2007

updates on top chef post

so in my haste of anger towards top chef for elliminating the best candidate for the job - and not just cause he's cute - sam, I was a bit less democratic when it came to the final two contestants...


ilan and marcel

So now we all know that Ilan won the final challenge and was "crowned" Top Chef


And have to say even after my tirade against the current winner, for the finale I really wanted Sam against Ilan - this I believe would have been the neccessary battle to make it a fight between the best of this season....and i think two people who appreciate each other in a kitchen is more interesting to me than two who bicker and hate each other but i digress.. Congrats to Ilan for a deserved winner and thanks for representing the orth Shore of Long Island...

There was an interview with Ilan regarding his win that was "released by accident" before the finale. I believe that this was done on purpose to squash the much flack Bravo found from kicking out Sam so early. And I feel bad that Ilan felt the backlash because it wasnt towards him, he doesnt make the decision. But after seeing thousands of replys and decries of ": I will not watch the finale!" I knew I wasnt the only crazed fan who apprecaites just a good competition.

No comments: